A perfect spot for a clan gathering
Spacious enough for everyone.
Spacious yet intimate
Full of light.
Quiet moments on big sofas
Space and comfort everywhere.
Food and Friendship
Double oven, a mega ice machine,
oodles of freezer and fridge space,
Global knives and 3 different coffee makers
Elegance and comfort everywhere
Mohair, fine furniture and finishes.
Each room has a chair and laptop-friendly space.
Unwind your way
The best hot tub in Scotland!
Beautiful spaces to be in.
You’ll be right at home
The Eagle Rock
The magnificent journey to Applecross is an adventure in itself, so when you traverse the famous mountain pass and settle into the house, we invite you to immerse yourself in this extraordinary and magical place. Apart from its mysterious beauty, this ancient sanctuary of the Applecross Peninsula has something to offer everyone.
Eagle Rock, which sleeps 14, is available as a 7 bedroom rental
with exclusive use of the always-on infinity hot tub, and grounds
In low- and mid-season, smaller groups can close off the unit of the house called Eagle’s Nest, and rent just 5 bedrooms, which sleeps 10.
There’s a playful flow of intimate and open living spaces with versatile lighting and heating, and wood and stone surfaces, floors and fittings. The effect is elegant, comfortable and captivating.
And the creature comforts: high-end audio and screen tech with great wifi, a snug and library with a wood burning fire, a dream kitchen with double ovens, dishwashers and oodles of fridge space, a laptop-friendly surface in every room and huge, super-king or twin bedrooms with panoramic views, gorgeously generous beds and extra-large luxurious bathrooms.
View video walkthroughs of Eagle Rock
View these videos of Eagle Rock to give you an insight into this special place.
Click directly on these to Play/Pause.
Details to delight
The unique fixtures are all handcrafted, the kitchen is a cook’s dream, the tech is top-notch.
There are unique, warm touches to make your stay utterly comfortable and unforgettable.
Underfloor and room-by-room temperature control
Unlimited satellite WiFi, hardwired to a booster in each room, speakers
Nespresso, 12 and 1 person cafetières, traditional coffee machine, milk frother
Laundry: washing machine, tumble dryer, Belfast sink
Luxury bathrooms, beds and linen
Box of emergency essentials (first aid, toiletries, chocolates, …whisky)
Guitar, clavinova, percussion instruments, ancient gong
Library with games, books and even a croquet set
There is a recording studio on site, only available by prior arrangement and at extra cost
Always-on hot tub: Metal champagne glasses and goblets, LED lanterns
View a gallery of this beautiful house
Gain an insight into the rooms, layout and luxuries at Eagle Rock.
Some details for your
When you’re gathering a large group in a destination wilderness spot like Eagle Rock, the more precisely you can plan, the better.
- Huge deluxe super king en-suite with separate WC room, private balcony, hand-planed acacia-wood floors. (Panoramic sea and mountain views).
- Milton super king en-suite (Sea and mountain views). This is a great downstairs room for anyone with mobility issues. The en-suite can accommodate seated showers, (there is also a bath) and has underfloor heating with a room-control.
- Sunrise mountain view en-suite super king or twin (Mountain views).
- Seaview super king or twin with bathroom across the landing (Sea and mountain views). This is a stunning room with panoramic views of Skye and the Hebrides, but it can feel as though you are in a ship, especially during storms.
- Cocoon twin with sea views. This twin room shares a bathroom with Seaview. It can be converted to a double.
- Eagle’s Nest downstairs twin en-suite 8mx5m, wooden floors, skylights, private entrance and balcony, toilet and shower room (Sometimes this is used as a studio space instead).
- Eagle’s Nest upstairs queen bed with en-suite. As the Nest is on the other side of the house from the other bedrooms, it is a perfect spot for parents with young families who don’t want to wake the house up, oldies who want some peace, or teens who want some space away from the herd. There is use of an additional sofa bed which sleeps two, by prior arrangement.
Stunning Living Spaces, Kitchen and Bar
Huge skylit dining room with sliding doors. Table has 14 chairs, but can seat 20 at a push.
Panoramic views from an underfloor heated living room.
Library and media snug with big leather sofas, wood-burning stove, and beautiful lighting.
Large studio downstairs (8mx5m=15 yoga mats max) with private balcony, entrance, bathroom.
Private deck and outside bath with stunning view.
(Upstairs is a bedroom with a private balcony)
Spacious kitchen and horseshoe bar (marble, wood, stainless steel surfaces).
Separate pantry, scullery, and laundry rooms.
5 ring gas hob, 2 ovens, large microwave, large extra-deep electric cooker.
Mixer, juicer, decent baking gear.
Two full-sized dishwashers.
1.5 m box freezer, drinks fridge.
Large American style fridge in kitchen.
Two spare catering fridges (90l)
Top-notch cutlery like Global knives and Circullion pots, crockery.
Nespresso Deluxe coffee machine, 1 and 12 person cafetières, traditional coffee machine, milk frother.
Delonghi 4 piece toaster and kettle.
Hot Tub & exterior
Nestled on this cliff, in its own birch-shielded haven, the hot tub perches over the Inner Sound, which is the minch between the mainland and the isles of Raasay and Skye. The tub is kept in pristine condition, at a constant 39ºC (102ºF) and is a perfect place to soak in the surrounding splendour – morning, noon or night! The hot tub is surrounded by seating, a drinks counter, and non-slip decking, with a tap for washing off. There is a ‘Hot Tub Kit’ inside, with stylish metal glasses and flutes, and lighting devices. (When the stars or Northern Lights are doing their thing, it’s great to be able to completely black out the site).
– The house has a wrap-around deck and three private balconies which give on to a garden, with a hidden firepit area to the southwest, an infinity hot-tub to the northeast (Ideal for viewing northern lights), a lawn you can play croquet on, some hideaway bowers…Whatever the weather or wind, you can find a spot with a stunning view.
– Gas and wood BBQ’s, with utensils and gas provided.
– Garden has wheelchair-accessible pathways to a firepit, outside seating around the BBQ and hot-tub.
– Two outside tables on the deck to dine al fresco.
– There is plenty of parking on the gravel driveway and parking area near the entrance, with a covered external porch and a large inside hallway.
– There is a cattle grid at the entrance and a turning circle just beyond. A fence surrounds the property.
Welcome, and make
yourself at home
Here are some more important details we’d like to share with you to familiarise you with your home away from home.
Accessibility and you
Assistance dogs are warmly welcomed.
If, before or during your stay, there is anything we can do, move or change at Eagle Rock to assist you or make your stay more comfortable, please allow us to do so.
We would be more than happy to provide familiarisation tours of Eagle Rock upon request.
Please advise us if you require assistance in the event of a fire before you book.
Check out the ALPS (The Applecross Landscape Partnership Scheme) to find out more about local trails and thoroughfares. ALPS aims to develop paths that provide access to the landscape heritage of Applecross, including routes that meet the needs of people with different physical abilities.
The flatscreen TV can be set to display subtitles, to be displayed upon request. A remote control is provided. You may find it easier to use your own laptop to stream.
The owner has received disability awareness training, but there is always more to learn. Please share any thoughts you have on how to improve any aspect of Eagle Rock that affects your visit.
Should you require assistance during your stay, get in touch and tell us what you need. We’ll do our best to help, but recommend guests contact their own local services who may be able to direct them to approved care services. The more advance warning we have, the more likely we are to be able to make a plan.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
The driveway and ample parking space is grade 1 gravel, although the road into the property is un-tarred and rougher.
There is an access ramp to the front door of Eagle Rock.
We would be more than happy to provide familiarisation tours of Eagle Rock upon request.
The ground floor is the most wheelchair friendly area of the house, with a wet room with transfer space for wheelchair users, and bedroom on the same level. However, the basin is at standard, not wheelchair height.
There is one large, en-suite super king bedroom and bathroom downstairs and the other bedrooms are all upstairs.
The bed heights vary from 480mm to 523mm. (480mm corresponds to the height of most wheelchairs. If guests prefer a higher bed, we can arrange to have the lower ones raised).
All bedrooms are provided with a table and at least one chair, as well as bedside tables. If you would like the furniture rearranged or an item removed, we’d be happy to help. A range of open-fronted, accessible storage facilities are provided in each room.
The flooring is all wood or (heated) tiles.
Non-slip bathmats and shower mats are available.
Downstairs is all either level natural stone, or oak floorboards. It comprises two spacious areas on a two-step split level. Please advise us in advance if you require a ramp between levels installed for your visit.
There are no doors on this level (hall, kitchen, dining room, cave: library and media room, except for those to the downstairs bedroom and bathroom.
Bath, shower and sink have lever taps, but unfortunately may come up short on transfer space for wheelchair users.
The staircase treads are 10cm apart. There is a sturdy handrail on both sides.
The upstairs landing is wooden floorboards.
There are no steps in the rooms or common spaces.
Green is good
Eagle Rock is clad in local larch and local stone. Solar panels heat our hot water. Rainwater tanks are set up for the veggie beds we’re building this summer.
The Scottish Environmental Protection Agency really likes our peat filter plumbing system! All inside devices get an A for energy consumption. We ask our guests to participate in our recycling and composting programmes.